To place an order for a custom designed cake please send me an email at vicki@gergely.com or view my website at www.sweetsatlast.com.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Daring Bakers


I joined this online cooking club called The Daring Bakers. This is a way for me to keep cooking creatively in a way I used to when I worked at the restaurant. Each month a new challenge is given where you have to use the recipes provided, bake the challenge recipe and then post your results. I'm a bit late with posting for June since life just gets crazy with the end of the school year for the kids. In addition to keeping up on the cooking this will be a way for me to experiment with food photography. Unfortunately I will not be buying some fancy camera anytime soon but I will make an attempt to learn how to utilize my digital camera in a way I never have before. Finally, I have started up my own website for my cake decorating business. Please go to http://www.sweetsatlast.com and check it out. I will be working on it this summer and hope to have it finalized soon.

The June 2010 Daring Bakers' Challenge was the following: Chocolate Pavlovas with Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse. It was hosted by Dawn of Doable and Delicious. The challenge was based on a recipe from the book Chocolate Epiphany by Francois Payard.


No comments:

Post a Comment