To place an order for a custom designed cake please send me an email at vicki@gergely.com or view my website at www.sweetsatlast.com.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Alexis's 9th Birthday Cake

Here is my first attempt at using fondant. I learned a lot during this decorating time. The cakes are strawberry and filled with chocolate ganache. I got the idea for the striping pattern off of the birthday plates I ordered. My daughter wanted a butterfly theme and pink (I believe that all her thoughts in her head are PINK).

The duck that is sitting on the top is a creation based off of her "duckie" that she has been hanging onto since she was 10 months old. I just had to include it. And it wouldn't be complete without the fondant and pearl butterflies and a pink gum paste ribbon to top it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment